Friday, November 20, 2009

How Some Others See Us

I was very much surprised to stumble upon this link. A blog site run by some young professionals with a mission to inform and discuss the issues facing their city, Metro Jacksonville. The reason that I found it, was that I was doing some research about Lexington's planning history and they had written a comparison of Jacksonville, Fl. to Lexington.

Although the text was written in June of '09 and posted in Aug., I found that it is a fair presentation of our city's current situation and where we stand vs. Jacksonville. I would hope that you all will read this site and see what you think. The comments are particularly revealing about some popular conceptions of Jacksonville. There is also a post on their comparison to Austin, from 2006 that I wish that they would update.

If you do go and take a look, please drop me a line and let me know if this is something that should be done here in Lexington.

No comments: