Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is over, the food is eaten and the leftovers are all packed away for the rest of the month, and once again I ate more than I should have.

Mrs Sweeper feels like she has cooked all day and I feel like I have washed dishes all day. We dirtied almost every dish in the house, or it seem like that. The little(?) guys, to their credit, helped with the kitchen chores and are turning into very good sous chefs. With all four of us in the kitchen at once it can get a little crowded and we may have to take turns doing things.

I have so many things to be thankful for that it would be almost impossible to list them all. We have a good roof over our heads and the table has never been empty, thin sometimes, but never empty. The guys are getting good grades even though they could try harder (I never did so who am I to talk). Mrs. Sweeper keeps a clean house, takes care of the bills and keep us all healthy as best she can, us being male and all.

I have my interests and desires, my wishes and hopes, things that I follow and those that I let pass me by and I have my opinions and biases. And I am also gaining a fairly regular following of this blog. For that I am grateful and hope to hear from any of you who wish to comment on an entry or just say hello. I wish each and every one of you a happy Thanksgiving and the best that this season can bring.

See you on the streets.

No comments: