Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Reaction To The Health Care Vote

This morning I watched as the Chairman of the Republican National Committee, Michael Steele gave his familiar rant about the Democrats and their arrogance. Does he not represent the very party that "coronated the god king Ronald Reagan" and spent the budget surplus of Clinton?

Then I watched as he spun his tale about "needle moments" Needle moments are those time when you have to go to the doctor and get a shot. We all have those needle moments and I hate getting shots. I still refuse to get the yearly flu shots, even if they are free. In this case, Mr Steele was explaining about the doctor giving the patient a lollipop to suck on before the needle prick, I usually got mine after, and then jabbing the painful device deep into the skin.

He likened the recent health care overhaul legislation to America's "needle moment". All the up front incentives and new benefits allowed to those who never had them before are supposed to be the lollipop and the tax hikes would be the needle jab in the butt. America will regret the pain of the needle moment, he says, for a long time.

I still don't like shots and the painful needle moments and America may well avoid their needle moment, but Mr Steele, every time I got a doctor ordered shot-and I imagine that this goes for all you others- I GOT WELL.

Now is the time for America to get well.

No comments: