Sunday, March 15, 2009

Photo of the Month winner

We have a winner.

ps.Lex sent a guess of "Is it downtown, Vine St. facing east?" and yes that is a correct guess.

The location of the camera is on the original walkway bridge from High to Main St over the railroad tracks. Vine St was not built yet but the Dixie Brewery(left edge), C&O freight house and the Bryan Hunt Wholesalers are major clues. Also the Avery Hay & Grain elevator which stood at the Rose and Vine intersection can be seen. I am not certain, but I think that it was taken around 1900

I'll have to find a harder one for next month.

1 comment:

peyt.v said...

Yea, I won! What did I win? j/k, that was fun.

That was a hard place to locate. I found an account of where the old Bryan-Hunt Wholesaler was in Lexington, and that pretty much told where the photo was taken.